Admire Aquatic Plants and More at Kenilworth Aquatic GardensJune 30, 2018
Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, just across the river from Washington, D.C., is home to vibrant aquatic plant life across 700 acres in Anacostia Park. In addition to the gardens, the park features over 40 species of birds, including ospreys, herons, and bald eagles. The park provides a refreshing and tranquil retreat any time of the year, but the spring and summer are the best times for viewing the flowering aquatic plants. A visit to the park typically lasts two hours during which you can learn the history of Kenilworth inside the visitor center, view the restored marsh and native vegetation from the boardwalk, and take a leisurely walk around the ponds.
Don’t miss the annual Lotus and Water Lily Festival on July 21st and 22nd from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The two-day festival features performances from cultures around the world, family fun games, arts and crafts, and the beautiful lotuses and water lilies in full bloom.
- Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day Parade
- Learn About Early Space Exploration at “By the Light of the Silvery Moon: A Century of Lunar Photographs to Apollo 11”
- Celebrate Japanese Culture at the Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival on April 13th
- Get Toned for the Summer at Barre3
- Enjoy Mexican Food and Margaritas at El Bebe Tacos + Tequila