“Marking the Infinite” at The Phillips Collection Celebrates Female Aboriginal Artists
“Marking the Infinite” at The Phillips Collection Celebrates Female Aboriginal Artists sub titleJuly 18, 2018
The female aboriginal artists of Australia draw inspiration from something as simple as a fishnet, something as ethereal and enigmatic as a heavenly body, and everything in between. Though they used to operate only in the shadow of their male counterparts, in the ’80s, these women made moves and carved out a place for themselves in art history. Learn all about the journey via Marking the Infinite at The Phillips Collection.
This temporary exhibit rolled into town at the beginning of June and will remain at the museum through September 9th. It pays homage to nine distinct female artists from remote areas around the continent of Australia. Their culture and traditions factor heavily into the works of these fierce matriarchs, so pay close attention. You’ll learn something new about the women in every piece of art.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Winter Workout
- Experience Tasty Comfort Food Favorites at Newly Opened KitchenCray
- Shop for Holiday Gifts at the Downtown Holiday Market
- Set Yourself Up for Holiday Cookie Success With These Kitchen Organizing Tips
- Discover Your New Favorite Author at Solid State Books