Try Fusion Bao at Bun’d UpJuly 25, 2018
Union Market's many stalls offer up a variety of unique fare for foodies. About a month ago, the market obtained a new option when Bun'd Up joined its ranks. The Asian fusion eatery features bao buns, fluffy circles of dough baked fresh each morning. The bao come in two sizes (regular or large) and convey unique combinations of ingredients.
Meat-eaters may want to try the pork belly bun smothered with pineapple kimchi and drizzled with cilantro-lime sauce or the Korean barbecue bun with cucumber kimchi and chili sauce on top. Skip the meat and opt for a bao embellished with seared mushrooms, micro greens, and fried shallots. If you're in the mood for something sweet, Bun'd Up also offers a signature dessert bao loaded with cashew butter, banana "jam," and crunchy granola—a revamped version of the classic PB&J.
- Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day Parade
- Learn About Early Space Exploration at “By the Light of the Silvery Moon: A Century of Lunar Photographs to Apollo 11”
- Celebrate Japanese Culture at the Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival on April 13th
- Get Toned for the Summer at Barre3
- Enjoy Mexican Food and Margaritas at El Bebe Tacos + Tequila