Experience Innovative Asian Fusion Fare at American SonJanuary 10, 2019
The chef behind American Son is Chef Tim Ma, who brings his unique heritage and approach to modern cuisine to his new restaurant in Eaton. American Son is open morning, noon, and night to bring you everything from pork belly hash for breakfast to late night snacks like tater tot poutine.
You can certainly see the nod to Chef Ma’s Asian influences in dishes like whole fried fish with papaya salad or scallops with Thai red curry. But just as much emphasis is placed on locally grown produce, vegetable-centered dishes, and organic purveyors. Yelp reviewers can’t say enough about dishes like the tofu gnocchi with miso sauce, beef cheek with charred peaches, or the fried chicken sandwich with slaw. American Son has the classic comfort food you love, but with an interesting twist that only Chef Ma can bring. Visit the site to make reservations. American Son has only been open two short months but is bound to become a fast favorite on the DC food scene.
- Celebrate a Renowned Leader at the Lincoln Memorial
- Catch a Live Show This June at City Winery
- 5 Home Trends You’re About to See Popping Up Everywhere
- Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day Parade
- Learn About Early Space Exploration at “By the Light of the Silvery Moon: A Century of Lunar Photographs to Apollo 11”