Don’t Miss the Atlas Intersections Art Festival Now Through March 3rdFebruary 25, 2019
There’s a clue about the content of the Atlas Intersections Festival in its name. The fest examines the intersection of art and society, highlighting works of performance art and traditional pieces. The special collection was curated with one goal in mind: to create a more vibrant, connected community.
From February 21st to March 3rd, the festival comes to the Atlas Performing Arts Center. It kicks off with a live concert, courtesy of the Washington Post, followed by a series of concerts throughout the festival. Stop in anytime to see the art installations in the Atlas lobby, especially the main event, Linny Giffin’s The Immersive Quilt. She pays homage to the history of quilting with a piece that uniquely wraps up onlookers, albeit not literally like the average quilt. If you’re bringing kiddos along, check out a designated Family Fun Day or head to the Creation Station, which promises fun crafts every day.
- Celebrate a Renowned Leader at the Lincoln Memorial
- Catch a Live Show This June at City Winery
- 5 Home Trends You’re About to See Popping Up Everywhere
- Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day Parade
- Learn About Early Space Exploration at “By the Light of the Silvery Moon: A Century of Lunar Photographs to Apollo 11”