Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day ParadeMay 9, 2019
If you’re in the nation’s capital for Memorial Day, there’s no more moving place to honor the military than at The National Memorial Day Parade. The Parade starts at 2 p.m. along Constitution Avenue, and will feature touching tributes to military and fallen heroes from the American Revolution all the way to the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus, the Parade is live-streamed to troops abroad, and a strong crowd turnout is just another way to show your support.
This year’s grand marshal is Gary Sinise, a longstanding advocate for America’s service men and women. This marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day battle, so those soldiers will take center stage. The National Memorial Day Parade will feature musical performances by Justin Moore, Kiefer Sutherland, Dennis Quaid, and more. Plan to get to Constitution Avenue early on May 27th to hold your spot, and don’t forget to purchase a 2019 parade t-shirt from the American Veterans website to support their work.
- Celebrate a Renowned Leader at the Lincoln Memorial
- Catch a Live Show This June at City Winery
- 5 Home Trends You’re About to See Popping Up Everywhere
- Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day Parade
- Learn About Early Space Exploration at “By the Light of the Silvery Moon: A Century of Lunar Photographs to Apollo 11”