Pay Your Respects to America’s Soldiers at the National Memorial Day ParadeMay 9, 2019
If you’re in the nation’s capital for Memorial Day, there’s no more moving place to honor the military than at The National Memorial Day Parade. The Parade starts at 2 p.m. along Constitution Avenue, and will feature touching tributes to military and fallen heroes from the American Revolution all the way to the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus, the Parade is live-streamed to troops abroad, and a strong crowd turnout is just another way to show your support.
This year’s grand marshal is Gary Sinise, a longstanding advocate for America’s service men and women. This marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day battle, so those soldiers will take center stage. The National Memorial Day Parade will feature musical performances by Justin Moore, Kiefer Sutherland, Dennis Quaid, and more. Plan to get to Constitution Avenue early on May 27th to hold your spot, and don’t forget to purchase a 2019 parade t-shirt from the American Veterans website to support their work.
- Enjoy a Tex-Mex Breakfast Near The Apollo at Republic Cantina
- Save the Date for the Around the World Cultural Food Festival
- Make the Most of Your Patio or Balcony With These Decorating Tips
- Hone Your Pasta-Making Skills at at Via Umbria’s Cooking Class
- How to Pull Off an Epic Last-Minute Summer Vacation